Jan 2, 2022
Cookie Log No. 1
- Made 1/2 sizes of https://www.marthastewart.com/344840/soft-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.
- Forgot to 1/2 the salt amount and used the full 1 tsp.
- Oiled pan with olive oil (lightly and spread with brush) instead of parchment paper.
- Took out of oven at 16 mins, still too soft, put back in for 3 more mins. Recipe calls for 8-10 mins total.
- Took out at total 19 mins (+time they were out at min 16 earlier).
- Feel Too soft (poking with spatula).
- Olive oil could be cause of too soft.
- Browning/crisp on sides, but middle is soft.
- Color is too light, look under cooked.
- Color and hardness improved after sitting out for 3 minutes.
- choco chips didn't melt all the way through (maybe need better quality ingredient?)
- chef note: try chocolate chunks instead
- cookies too white, why no brown?
- chef note: maybe sugar wasn't brown sugar? or maybe on wrong rack in oven for browning?
If you like this post, please share it on Twitter.
You can also email me email me
or subscribe to my RSS feed.